Wednesday 16 April 2014

#WordWednesday - Postcards for Peace

Good morning!

Today's Word Wednesday is all about Peace. I was recently asked by Martin Rowsell, founder of Postcards for Peace, to design two postcards for a Japanese themed pack he was putting together, inspired by the story of Sadako Sasaki. Sadako Sasaki contracted Leukaemia as a result of the atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima in 1945. She is remembered for making hundreds of paper cranes after being told that if she made 1000 she would be granted a wish, as told in a traditional Japanese story. Sadako was only 12 when she died, an innocent victim of war.

With Sadako in mind I was inspired to create some patterns and named my completed collection after her. I used these patterns in my digital paintings for the final postcards...

My Sadako collection...

Paper Cranes

Peace

Kimono
Here are my postcards that are now for sale as part of a beautiful pack on the Postcards for Peace website. The pack contains 5 postcards, origami paper and instructions for how to make a paper crane and would make a thoughtful gift. I think the words are really beautiful and I thoroughly enjoyed being involved in the project. 




The fonts used are Kimberly Geswein's Eyes Wide Open and Love Ya Like A Sister. 
Thank you for reading and I hope you have a lovely day,
Frankie x

No comments:

Post a Comment